----- Original Message ----- From: "André Warnier" <a...@ice-sa.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2010 5:02 PM
Subject: Re: PHP on Tomcat?

michel wrote:
 I can set up HTTPD, but I
am working of a rented Linux box with limited resources and HTTPD would be resource heavy.
If you are already running Java stuff and Tomcat on that box anyway, then comparatively speaking the additional resources usage by Apache httpd should not matter that much.

My idea about HTTP being a resource hog came from my ISP. But I took a new look around at PHP/Tomcat implimentations and perhaps I should be going back to PHP/Java bridge. I may have looked at one of the more complex implimentations on my first go-round.

I also had a quick look at jFastCGI , and that may be another good option.

Michel