Sorry for the double/treble post earlier I started one reply saved as
a draft. Then found out more details posted them and accidently sent
the draft also. details below.

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 11:54 PM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> Wesley Acheson wrote:

>> WEB-INF/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.6.jar
>
> As soon as I saw that, I suspected it would be the one causing grief and...
>
>> However the webapp isn't deployed correctly it still only contains
>> WEB-INF/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.6.jar
>
> The problem is that if you put a jdbc driver jar in the lib directory,
> it gets registered with DriverManager automatically.

Still that jar file. I haven't even declared a resource in web.xml.
At the moment its only sitting in libs because I intend to use it. And
as per your instructions last year I'm trying to deregister with
DriverManager via a context listener.