Hi Maximilian,

Basically we are stuck with some legacy application parts that while
these are scheduled to be replaced we have to support them until they
have been. Using filters would not solve the issue as the 'Hack' as you
put it is done at a cookie path level. We do use filters to implement
security, ntlmv2 authentication, caching & anti-caching, etc so I am
fully aware of the power of filters.

I agree hacking away at a part of Tomcat is not the best solution but it
was the only one currently available to resolve the issue. And was my
original reasoning behind posting to this group to see if anyone could
suggest a better solution.

Thanks for your input.
Rob