> From: xygnu...@gmail.com [mailto:xygnu...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Paritosh
> Patel
> Subject: Re: Two way long running servlet connection problem

> I hope this makes it more clear.

Pretty much what I thought you were doing.

> Should I be doing something explicitly to keep the
> connection alive or does the connection close after
> some inactivity on its own?

Again, don't confuse the TCP /connection/ with the HTTP /conversation/.  The
TCP connection will stay open by default, but the client-to-server side of the
conversation is considered done when the client sends a complete HTTP request.
If you really want to piggy back your proprietary data on top of an HTTP
request, you'll need to make sure chunked-encoding is set, and mimic the
behavior of some streaming mechanism, such as a file transfer.  Look at WebDAV
or similar to see how that's done.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.