All,

I'm working on a patch for allowing multipart parsing when a servlet
doesn't have the @MultipartConfig annotation but I'm having trouble
testing the case where the servlet *does* have the annotation.

I essentially have this:

    @MultipartConfig
    private static class Bug49711Servlet_multipart
        extends Bug49711Servlet {

        // superclass implements everything,
        // does not declare @MultipartConfig
    }

            Tomcat.addServlet(root, "multipart",
                      new Bug49711Servlet_multipart());
            root.addServletMapping("/multipart", "multipart");

Now when I make a request to /multipart, request.getParts returns an
empty collection. Here is the full request I'm sending:

POST http://localhost:8007/multipart HTTP/1.1
Host: localhost
Connection: close

- --simpleboundary--

value
- --simpleboundary--

I'm sure I have something wrong in the details, here, but I can't figure
it out. I'm guessing it's one of:

1. My request isn't formatted correctly (though I tripped over how to
synthesize a multipart/form-data request a bit and I think I've got it
right)

2. Tomcat doesn't scan for @MultipartConfig when programmatically
registering servlets (does it?)

3. My class is private and can't be introspected (no securtymanager
running, so it should be okay)

4. I'm completely missing some unrelated problem

Any suggestions?

Thanks,