> > From looking at the server, it would appear that tomcat was
> installed
> > using tomcat-6.0.18-0.noarch.rpm.
>
> Now you're in trouble.  The 3rd-party repackaged versions of
> Tomcat typically scatter files all over, and then try to get
> things back together with symlinks.  You're better off doing
> a proper install on the new server.  Had you used a real
> Tomcat, life would be much easier.
>
>  - Chuck

Not necessarily. I did an rpm -qlp on tomcat-6.0.18-0.noarch.rpm. All
the files it installs are in /opt/tomcat

--Eric

Disclaimer - March 19, 2011
solely for Tomcat Users List. If you are not the named addressee you should not
disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions
presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent
those of Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management. Warning:
Although Physicians' Managed Care or Physician Select Management has taken
reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this email, the
company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the
use of this email or attachments.