On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 1:10 PM, Robinson, Eric <eric.robin...@psmnv.com> wrote:

> So if I look in all the places you mentioned and I don't find any tomcat
> files or links, is it safer to say that the package did not actually
> install files outside the /opt/tomcat tree?
>
> Better yet, is there an easy way to look into an RPM package and see
> what all it does in terms of cearting links and such?

Considering that Tomcat isn't distributed by ASF as an RPM, maybe
this isn't the best place for these questions  :-)

OTOH, why not *just try it*? If you don't want to mess with an existing
system, spin up a VM and see what happens; probably a good idea in
any case, since if something gets messed up, you can just revert to a
previous known good state and try again...

FWIW,
--
Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroe...@gmail.com
twitter: @hassan