Thanks in advance for help.

ENVIRONMENT:
--------------------
Java = JDK1.6 32 bit
Operating System = Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard (64 bit system)
Tomcat installation file = apache-tomcat-7.0.12.exe

ISSUE:
---------
Tomcat silent install does not work on Windows 2008 Server.

When the following is executed in a command window:  apache-tomcat-7.0.12.exe /S
it finishes immediately ( < 1 second).

I checked the "C:\Program Files (x86)" (which is where I would expect to find
it) and the  "C:\Program Files" directories for "Apache Foundation
Softare\Tomcat 7.0"

QUESTIONS:
---------------
1) How can I do a silent install of Tomcat 7.0 on a 64 bit Windows system
(Server 2008 R2 Standard)?
2) Is there a way to tell the Tomcat installer the location of JRE6? (NOTE:
Setting the JAVA_HOME and JAVAHOME environment variables does not work.)
3) Is there another way to install Tomcat 7.0 say by copying the installation
files to the target system?

NOTES:
---------
*  The problem seems to be that the installer (i.e. apache-tomcat-7.0.12.exe)
can not find the Java JRE. When I run the wizard and it gets to the screen
where you can specifiy the location of the JRE the text field is blank. But
when I run the installer on a Windows XP 32 bit system, the path of JRE 6 is
displayed in the text field.

Regards,
John