Thanks for responding so quickly Chuck. I appreciate it.

> Did you try it from a command window that's started with "Run as
> Administrator"?

No I did not. I have now, but it still did not work. Likely due to your second
question/request, i.e. default 64 bit JVM.

> Also make sure that you have a 64-bit JVM installed as the default one, since
> you're running on a 64-bit OS.

I've been installing the 32-bit version of Tomcat (sorry, don't think I
mentioned that).

I'm a little puzzled as to why the 64-bit JVM is necessary since I was able to
successfully install Tomcat 7.0 using the wizard  (i.e. executing
apache-tomcat-7.0.12.exe without the /S option). I did have to specify the
location of the JRE (32-bit JVM) though in one of the screens.

I don't know what the impact is of using a 64-bit JVM with Tomcat. The
application that will run under Tomcat uses JSPs that have not been compiled
and tested with a 64 bit JDK. I assume a JDK for compiling the JSPs under
Tomcat can be specifed separately from the JVM that Tomcat runs on. I guess I
should look at the Tomcat docs before pestering you and the rest of the experts
on this mail list any further.

Thanks,
John