From: Konstantin Kolinko [mailto:knst.koli...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 28, 2011 4:46 PM

> The installer itself is a 32-bit program.

> The "SetRegView 64" command switches it to using 64-bit part of
> registry. This command is documented here:
> http://nsis.sourceforge.net/Docs/Chapter4.html#4.9.7.6

Hmm. Seems like I'm being lead a little bit here. Ok.

Alright so what should probably happen then is if reading the registry fails to
return a result for "SetRegView 64" then read it again after doing "SetRegView
32".

The logic and sequence for checking 32-bit registry space would go something
like this:

1) IF 64-bit system
     a) "SetRegView 64"
     b) Read registry
     c) IF no-errors we have a JRE path (goto "NoErrors")
2) "SetRegView 32"
     a) Read registry
     b) IF no-errors we have a JRE path (goto "NoErrors").
     c) ELSE set JRE path = ""

JRE path is $1 in the NSIS script.

John