Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill Miller [mailto:millebi.subscripti...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 24, 2011 4:32 PM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Static Resources - Runtime Problems

Using a filter would insert the entry point of the Servlet into an entire path
with the option of allowing/not allowing it to continue down the call chain.

-->FilterA->FilterB->RealServlet

     +->SomethingInteresting

FilterA will have the ability to examine the request and pass it to some other
logic (SomethingInteresting) and also abort the passing to FilterB and the
RealServlet if required. This means that a call to /a/b/wooHoo can be
examined/processed at the /a level, and then the /a/b level before it finally
arrives at /a/b/wooHoo.

Bill