On 1:59 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 14/07/2011 06:11, Terence M. Bandoian wrote:
I can live with this.  It's just one of those "it would be nice not to
have to explain" things and if Thread.sleep does the trick, I'm happy.
As I mentioned in my original post, I wanted to find out if there was a
another way to accomplish the same thing that I'd missed.
Daft question, why not set clearReferencesStopTimerThreads="true" on the
Context and get Tomcat to do the clean-up for you?

Mark

With that set, I get a similar SEVERE error message that says the web application has started but "failed to stop" a TimerThread and that it was "forcibly canceled" to "prevent a memory leak".

Thanks.

-Terence