On 1:59 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 14/07/2011 23:59, Terence M. Bandoian wrote:
  On 1:59 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
On 14/07/2011 06:11, Terence M. Bandoian wrote:
I can live with this.  It's just one of those "it would be nice not to
have to explain" things and if Thread.sleep does the trick, I'm happy.
As I mentioned in my original post, I wanted to find out if there was a
another way to accomplish the same thing that I'd missed.
Daft question, why not set clearReferencesStopTimerThreads="true" on the
Context and get Tomcat to do the clean-up for you?

Mark
With that set, I get a similar SEVERE error message that says the web
application has started but "failed to stop" a TimerThread and that it
was "forcibly canceled" to "prevent a memory leak".
So what is to prevent you from using the same code Tomcat does to stop
the thread properly?

Mark

Yielding after canceling the timer appears to accomplish the same purpose. Thanks for the pointer.

-Terence