Hi there,

I'm getting really desperate with this - I've been at it for about a couple
of months now and still no further forward.  The strange thing is that
this works absolutely fine in IIS 7.5 with Tomcat 7 on my laptop which runs
Windows 7, but is persistantly throwing a blank page on IIS 7 with Windows
Server 2008 - it
gives a blank page when I add the Handler Mapping in IIS, but just shows
source code when I delete the Handler Mapping.
I'm stumped with this.  I'll outline what I've done below - please note that
I've followed the documentation on the official Tomcat website to the letter
-
this is the HowTo documentation for connecting Tomcat to IIS.

1.      Installed Tomcat 7.0.18 in E:\Tomcat
2.      Created a directory named isapi in E:\Tomcat - so, E:\Tomcat\isapi
3.      Created an isapi_redirect.properties file in the same directory and
modified the paths
4.      Created workers.properties and uriworkermap.properties in
E:\Tomcat\conf
5.      Added content to and edited workers.properties and
uriworkermap.properties as required
6.      Stop and Start the Tomcat Service

In the IIS Manager:

1.      Created a virtual directory called "jakarta" (without the quotes)
pointing to E:\Tomcat\isapi
2.      In IIS Home (in my case this is WEB-SERVER Home), clicked on ISAPI
and CGI Restrictions, clicked add - ISAPI Or CGI Path:
E:\Tomcat\isapi\isapi_redirect.dll; Description: Tomcat
3.      Clicked on my website, went to ISAPI Filters, clicked add - Filter
name: Tomcat; Executable: E:\Tomcat\isapi\isapi_redirect.dll
4.      Handler Mappings - Add Module Mapping - Request Path = *.jsp; Module
= IsapiModule; Executable = E:\Tomcat\isapi\isapi_redirect.dll; Name =
Tomcat; Request Restrictions > Access > Execute
5.      Restart IIS

isapi_redirect.properties

# Configuration file for the Jakarta ISAPI Redirector

# The path to the ISAPI Redirector Extension, relative to the website
# This must be in a virtual directory with execute privileges
extension_uri=/jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll

# Full path to the log file for the ISAPI Redirector
log_file=E:\Tomcat\logs\isapi.log

# Log level (debug, info, warn, error or trace)
log_level=debug

# Full path to the workers.properties file
worker_file=E:\Tomcat\conf\workers.properties

# Full path to the uriworkermap.properties file
worker_mount_file=E:\Tomcat\conf\uriworkermap.properties

workers.properties

# An entry that lists all the workers defined
worker.list=worker1
# Entries that define the host and port associated with each of these
workers
worker.worker1.host=www.douglasmcgregor.co.uk
worker.worker1.port=8009
worker.worker1.type=ajp13
worker.worker1.connection_pool_timeout=600

uriworkermap.properties

#example uriworkermap.properties fragment
/examples/*=worker1
.jsp=worker1

The "/examples/" work perfectly, but like I said .jsp pages on IIS give a
blank page.  I should say I've Googled for days and hours and not found
anything that fixes this.
I've asked on the official IIS forum, but they don't seem to be able to
help.  I really hope someone here can help me with this, I'm close to giving
up.

Thanks

Douglas