Hi

> > Short question: How can I prevent tomcat to receive the complete post
> data?
>
> Stop sending the data before it's all been sent.

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean.

If you mean to send only small parts and only those that are wanted, that's
nothing I can do.
I need to support the upload of really huge files (tested up to 9 GB so far
and need to go beyond), while I cannot allow any user to block the complete
bandwidth by uploading gigabytes of files that are not wanted - which I can
usually detect within the first few bytes.

And the thing they are uploading is exactly one file... The browser cannot
split them.

> AFAIK Tomcat processes the request before the user code in a servlet is
> active, so you can't do it from inside a servlet.

Hm.
Tomcat does NOT parse these POST parameters (at least not by default and not
in my case).
I know for sure, that my code detects unwanted files with only a few bytes
received. (I can tell by printing a simple line to the logs, and I can see
that line nearly immediately after starting a 9GB upload, yet the browser
continues to upload everything.) I just cannot cancel the upload.

Regards,
   Steffen