Isaac Li wrote:
Hello,

I'm using Cyberduck as client to send request to my web server which using
apache-tomcat-7.0.16 as web container.

When Cyberduck sent a request with an empty Content Type, web server
returned following errors:

HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request (text/plain)

Bad Content-Type header value: ''

That is clearly incorrect, so Tomcat would be right to complain.

I thought this error is reported by tomcat, since it has not running into my
code.

So is it possible to modify tomcat setting to allow empty Content Type of
request?

Why should Tomcat be modifiedt to accept incorrect HTTP requests ?
Tomcat is a HTTP server, so it must follow the HTTP specs. And the HTTP specs probably say that if a request header is clearly incorrect (as this one is), the server MUST respond with a 400 error.

or I should try other ways

Yes, fix the client.
(Or report the problem on the Cyberduck mailing list).

 (I heard someone said adding some
filters?)

Would probably not help, as the error may be generated before the filter is
ever called.