On 29/08/2011 09:10, Isaac Li wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm using Cyberduck as client to send request to my web server which using
> apache-tomcat-7.0.16 as web container.
>
> When Cyberduck sent a request with an empty Content Type, web server
> returned following errors:

Cyberduck is broken and is violating RFC2616.

> HTTP/1.1 400 Bad Request (text/plain)
>
> Bad Content-Type header value: ''
>
> I thought this error is reported by tomcat, since it has not running into my
> code.

Tomcat is rejected this request. The request is invalid.

> I've enabled Tomcat debug log, and have no clue, following are some catalina
> log:

If you want a clue, try reading RFC2616.

> So is it possible to modify tomcat setting to allow empty Content Type of
> request?

No.

> or I should try other ways (I heard someone said adding some
> filters?)

Whoever said a filter was a solution to this problem is clueless. The
request is rejected long before the filters are reached.

>  - and What's the detailed steps?

1. Get the bug in Cyberduck fixed.
2. Try again.

Mark