Hi,

Doesn't that mean that the user has to enter the filename by himself?

What I usually do to get the filename is:

Part uploadPart = request.getPart("uploadfield"); // get the Part
String contDispoHeader = uploadPart.getHeader("Content-Disposition"); // get
Content-Disposition header
String uploadFilename = null;
if (contDispoHeader != null) {
        try {
                uploadFilename = new
ContentDisposition(contDispoHeader).getParameter("filename");
        } catch (ParseException e) { }
}

Note that "ContentDisposition" class is from JavaMail package
(javax.mail.internet.ContentDisposition). Browser usually send filenames in the
"filename" parameter of a Content-Disposition header.

Regards,

Konstantin Preißer