Thank you for the advice.  I'll stick to hard coded file locations and names :).

Thanks again,
- Ole

On 09/05/2011 03:22 AM, André Warnier wrote:
This must be about the worst advice I have ever seen.
What about someone typing e.g. "/etc/passwd" in that text box?

If you allow people to upload files to your server, you should create
your own location and naming scheme for the uploaded files. You should
not even use the original filename, unless you are dying to experience
all the silly things that people can think of in terms of filenames
(with spaces in them, or characters that are valid on one platform but
not another, or characters in various character sets and so on.)

Jonathan Soons wrote:
You need to add a line in in your form:
<input type="text" name="filename" />

Then in your servlet GetPost() method you put this filename in a
variable:
String filename;
filename = req.getParameter("filename");

Then instead of part.write("samplefile");
do:
part.write(filename);

Jonathan Soons