@Christopher :
Thank you for your answer.

Christopher wrote:

> The new session created is completely empty. It has nothing to do with the
> user going back in the history, etc.
> No, you are right.
What I meant is that I was/am managing session expiration inside the Webapp
(for instance if the user clicks a button which is inside the Webapp and if
the session has expired, I redirect him to the log in page).

Christopher wrote:

> I always try to have enough information in the page (form) so that
> resuming a workflow after a session timeout is a possibility.

I'm sorry but I do not understand what you are explaining me here...

A SOLUTION... I THINK.
I have found a solution, here it is:
for all the JSPs which require a user to be identified (*), I add the
following code:

<%
    ASessionAttribute aSessionAttribute = null;
    HttpSession       httpSession       = null;

        httpSession       = request.getSession();
        aSessionAttribute = (ASessionAttribute)
httpSession.getAttribute("aSessionAttribute");

        if(aSessionAttribute  == null)
        {
            response.sendRedirect("the-log-in-page.jsp");
        }
%>

Then if a user presses the F5 key and if the session has expired, he is
properly redirected to the log in page.

Best regards,
--
Léa

(*) That is to say, in my example, the "aSessionAttribute" object musn't be
null.