> From: app...@dsl.pipex.com [mailto:app...@dsl.pipex.com]
> Subject: Trying to get Tomcat 6 running as a Windows service

> I find that although Tomcat will start / stop via the batch
> files in the /bin folder, when set as a Windows service, I get
> a message that:
>
> Windows could not start the service on the Local Computer.

This is often caused by a mismatch between the 32- or 64-bit mode of the
wrapper (tomcat6.exe) and the mode of the JVM it's configured to use.  The mode
of the JVM used by the .bat scripts doesn't matter, and isn't necessarily the
same one used by the service.  Use the tomcat6w.exe configuration tool to see
which JVM the wrapper is set to use.  You may have to reinstall either Tomcat
or the JVM to insure the modes match.

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.