On 06/12/2011 17:49, Blaxton wrote:

> ________________________________

The path attribute isn't valid, except if the Context is defined inline
in server.xml which is *strongly discouraged*.

Using the special name 'ROOT' is required, because normally the .war
file name, the context file in conf/Catalina/hostname/<name>.xml or
exploded directory name is used to provide the path exposed in the HTTP URL.

The default application would therefore have an empty filename, which
isn't such a good thing - so 'ROOT' is used instead.

> haven't tried it , but I think we could achieve the same thing with
> JkAutoAlias
> which one is recommended ? JkAutoAlias or adding host directive in server.xml
> ?

I don't think that they're comparable.

--

[key:62590808]