From: Konstantin Kolinko [mailto:knst.koli...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:44 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Documentation Question

>> By the way, for the page in question, my HTML-checker lists 147
>> errors (not warnings), the few first of which being :
>>
>> line 59 column 5 - Error: end tag for element "P" which is not open
>> line 78 column 11 - Error: end tag for element "P" which is not open
>> line 111 column 10 - Error: end tag for element "P" which is not open
>> line 137 column 5 - Error: end tag for element "P" which is not open
>> line 154 column 5 - Error: end tag for element "P" which is not open

Fixed.

>> If VirtualWebappLoader is updated to trim each value in
>> virtualClasspath, then that example could be wrapped into several
>> lines.
>
> That seems like a very reasonable thing to do, as long as it's just
> trimming-off leading and trailing whitespace.
>
> I noticed while I was reading those two examples that we have two
> separate path separators in the same example: virtualClasspath uses
> semi-colons (aka win32-style path separators) and extraResourcePaths
> uses commas. Maybe we should try for some consistency :)

VirtualWebappLoader already trims the spaces, so I fixed the docs.

extraResourcePaths does not trim, so it needs more work. I agree that
';' is better there.   My plan is to check if the path contains
semicolon ';' and if it does then go with ";" as separator. Otherwise fall
back to the current comma ",".

Best regards,
Konstantin Kolinko