Dear Jose,

> 2012/5/22 Kees Jan Koster <kjkos...@gmail.com>:
>> Dear Tomcat community,
>>
>> I am trying to resolve the problem where some client code in Java frequently
>> gets the following error in the logs:
>>
>> java.net.SocketException: Connection reset
>>        at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream.java:168)
>>        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStream.java:218)
>>        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(BufferedInputStream.java:258)
>>        at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStream.java:317)
>>        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTPHeader(HttpClient.java:687)
>>        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:632)
>>        at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.parseHTTP(HttpClient.java:652)
>>        at
>> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1000)
>>

> Are you calling to disconnect() method ?

Yes I am. In finally{} block. Here is the client code:

    private Properties push(final Properties request) throws IOException {
        HttpURLConnection connection = null;
        PrintStream out = null;
        InputStream in = null;
        try {
            connection = (HttpURLConnection) pushUrl.openConnection(proxy);
            connection.setRequestMethod("POST");
            connection.setDoOutput(true);
            connection.setConnectTimeout(TWO_MINUTES);
            connection.setReadTimeout(TWO_MINUTES);
            connection.setRequestProperty("Connection", "close");

            out = new PrintStream(connection.getOutputStream());
            request.storeToXML(out, null);
            out.flush();

            in = connection.getInputStream();
            final Properties response = new Properties();
            response.loadFromXML(in);

            return response;
        } finally {
            if (in != null) {
                try {
                    in.close();
                } catch (Exception e) {
                    // ignore...
                }
            }
            if (out != null) {
                try {
                    out.close();
                } catch (Exception e) {
                    // ignore...
                }
            }

            if (connection != null) {
                try {
                    connection.disconnect();
                } catch (Exception e) {
                    // ignore...
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

--
Kees Jan

http://java-monitor.com/
kjkos...@kjkoster.org
+31651838192

Human beings make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full
of wonders,
they have managed to invent boredom. Quite astonishing... -- Terry Pratchett