Anthony J. Biacco wrote:

Please point out the workers.properties config line from my OP that's
incorrect. I didn't change configs at all from 1.2.32->1.2.35->1.2.36.
How could the config all of a sudden be incorrect with 1.2.36? The
changelog doesn't mention anything about deprecated or changed
parameters.

I don't know if it has anything to do with your problem, but

workers.properties settings are:

worker.list=jkstatus,app-03,loadbalancer     <-------------
worker.template.port=8009
worker.template.type=ajp13
worker.template.lbfactor=1
worker.template.connection_pool_timeout=30
worker.template.connect_timeout=30000
worker.template.recovery_options=4
worker.template.reply_timeout=31000
worker.template.socket_timeout=20
worker.template.socket_connect_timeout=5000
worker.template.ping_mode=A
worker.template.ping_timeout=20000
worker.app-03.host=127.0.0.1
worker.app-03.reference=worker.template
worker.jkstatus.type=status
worker.loadbalancer.sticky_session=1
worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
worker.loadbalancer.balance_workers=app-03  <-------------

You have the worker app-03 referenced both as a worker in its own right, and as a balanced worker. Isn't this a bit strange ?
Normally, if it is accessed via the balancer, you do not list it in
workers.list.
See http://tomcat.apache.org/connectors-doc/reference/workers.html,
"balance_workers"