Thanks for the reply Christopher:

The filter / URL rewrite works great on all versions, correct. I could
certainly post my config but It works fine, so I am going to try to clarify
what doesn't "work".

What I can't get to work in both versions is a link to a static resource.

I have to feed the different generations of Tomcat different URL's to get the
same asset in the same location in each container.

http://localhost:8080/cms/resources/resources/css/gopublish.css  Is needed in
the pre 6.0.30.x version
and
http://localhost:8080/cms/resources/css/gopublish.css  works just fine for the
newer version Post 6.0.30.x

What I don't know how to do is use that redirect filter/rewrite to change the
url based on the version of tomcat, which it seems I need to do, since the
container pathing logic changed across versions.

Or, if there was a better way to find a singular path to put static resources
within a webApp that would remain consistent (with respect to how to reference
it), that exists, I could really use that...

Thanks again guys, I hope that clarifies the issue.

R.