Sent: Friday, June 22, 2012 7:55 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: iis not looking for jsp in tomcat webapps folder

Vijaya wrote:

Andre Warnier, It is three year old system. At that time I had the option of installing Tomcat 6.0 but decided to install 5 and never had any problem so far till the ISP decided to change their software. I am not sure that is the problem.

I was going mad to get the same error again and again and decided to take a break for three days. Also decided to install the latest version of Tomcat and see how it goes. So we have brought our server down and will let you all know if the same problem exists in the latest version of Tomcat.

Is there any significant changes in terms of configuration files from Tomcat 5 to 7 that I need to pay attention to.

The main problem is that, as a connector between the front-end webserver and Tomcat, you are using a module called mod_jk2 (or its Windows equivalent isapi_redirector2. Development and support for this module have been discontinued for about 9 years, so there
are not many people that would be able to help you.

You should be using mod_jk (or its Windows equivalent isapi_redirector, which is being
developed and maintained and supported.
Until you do that, I cannot help you further, and you probably will not find other people
that can help you.

You have received pointers to the documentation and configuration of
mod_jk/isapi_redirector in earlier responses in this same thread.