> On Sep 30, 2016, at 10:08 AM, Josh North <josh.no...@point808.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am using ATS as a reverse proxy.  I have been requested to set up
> some URL's to use LDAP authentication with a directory server.  I
> found the authproxy plugin and configured it, and it successfully
> authenticates/denies, but then returns a 404(or if I add an internal
> map to the auth server, the browser tries to take me there).  I feel I
> am missing a very basic concept so I apologize.
> Here is my expectation based on how I have remap.config set up:
> 1.  Browser requests https://test.point808.com/
> 2.  ATS uses auth.internal.point808.com to authenticate if the request
> is allowed
> 3.  If not allowed, just fail however it wants to, don;t care
> 4.  if allowed, reverse proxy to privateserver.internal.point808.com
> Instead, at step 4, after a successful user/pass, I just get a
> redirect to auth.internal.point808.com, which fails because that
> server is not publicly available and does not have the content that
> privateserver has.
> remap.config
> --------------------------
> # LDAP Auth Server
> map  http://auth.internal.point808.com/  http://auth.internal.point808.com/
> # Private Server
> map  https://test.point808.com/
> http://privateserver.internal.point808.com/  @plugin=authproxy.so
> @pparam=--auth-transform=redirect
> @pparam=--auth-host=auth.internal.point808.com @pparam=--auth-port=80

This looks reasonable.

> reverse_map  http://privateserver.internal.point808.com/
> https://test.point808.com/  @plugin=authproxy.so
> @pparam=--auth-transform=redirect
> @pparam=--auth-host=auth.internal.point808.com @pparam=--auth-port=80

reverse_map is used to rewrite response headers, so it is might not be what you
want. If it is what you want, I’m not sure that you want to attach the
authproxy plugin to it.

Generally, authproxy will need a map to use for the auth server, so maybe
something like this:

map http://privateserver.internal.point808.com/ \
        http://privateserver.internal.point808.com/ \

If you need to debug authproxy itself, try traffic_server -T