That helps. Through some more troubleshooting, I removed the authproxy line
from the reverse map and it is mostly working. The remaining error I have is in
one application that uses a json PUT. The app work until the user uses that
function, and ATS returns a 500 method not allowed. Going directly to the
source server works though.

I'm wondering if it has anything to do with every single request getting
forwarded to the http auth server first.

Thank you for the tip on debug flags, I will continue to play with that and see
what I can find.