wicket tester uses a mock web application - not yours - so it cannot load
those properties. i think in 1.3 we refactored it to support custom
application subclasses. i think as far as you can make it work in 1.2.6 is
to change resource settings not to throw exceptions on not-found-resources
while testing. or you can add your own stringresourceloader to the mock
application and make it load properties from your application's property
file. im not sure we can properly fix this in 1.2.6 because we cannot break
api.

-igor