On 8/29/07, William Hoover <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Could you elaborate on what is lacking in Wicket when referring to the back
> button support (when compared to GWT)? I was under the impression that Wicket
> had robust back button support?

Wicket's back button support is pretty robust for normal (non-ajax)
requests. The problem we have with the Ajax back button comes down to
the fact that we have to synchronize client with server state in such
a fashion that it also keeps working with normal requests. GWT is all
client side and thus doesn't have that problem. It's *Ajax* back
button support is better, though it's not very automatic from what
I've seen, and I wonder how it survives leaving a single page
approach.

We haven't given up on better Ajax back button support for Wicket
though. See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WICKET-271.
Contributions are welcome as always.

Regards,

Eelco