Did you read my first mail in this thread? How does the WebSession reference comes into the HttpSession? That's what I don't understand for now.

Tom

Johan Compagner wrote:
look at the source :)

On 8/31/07, Thomas Singer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Matej and Johan, thanks for your feed-back. I've tried to avoid the
WicketSessionFilter and make everything work from our code. Just curious:
is
the WicketSessionFilter handled something special by Wicket? Or how does
it
get the WebSession reference?

Tom

Matej Knopp wrote:
You don't interact with WicketSessionFilter directly.  You just set it
up,
providing name of your WicketFilter ad argument. You need to map the
WicketSessionFilter to same url as your non-wicket filter/servlet and
make
sure that you use a non-wicket filter WicketSessionFilter gets invoked
first.

Then in your custom filter/servlet you can obtain wicket session using
just
Session.get().

-Matej