> On 9/19/07, Lowell Kirsh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > For work I'm trying to use wicket, but my boss wants to be reassured
> > that it will scale well. Can anyone point me to any sources (not
> > anecdotes) about how well wicket scales? And yes, I know my question
> > is vague, but right now, so are our requirements.
>
> The best way to go is to not take our word for it, but test for
> yourself. Take wicket-examples, create a test project at it (e.g.
> using JMeter) and see what you got. Please feel free to post your
> results.
>
> Matej, if you still have some of those JMeter results lying around,
> maybe that would be interesting.

Some results of testing for memory consumption I just ran on the app
I'm working on (Wicket 1.3):

Run 1: 3,000 sessions -> ~ 200 MB
Run 2: 10,000 sessions -> ~ 950 MB
Run 3: 10,000 sessions -> ~ 110 MB (very light page)
Run 4: 10,000 sessions -> ~ 650 MB

It depends on what your current page is (when you use the
SecondLevelCacheSessionStore which is Wicket 1.3's default) and of
course what is in your session object.

Eelco