Btw., did you clean browser cache after updating wicket? There's
chance that you have old javascript code still in browser cache.

Also part of the fix is in wicket-ajax.js, line 950:
        submitForm: function(form, submitButton) {
            var body = function() {
                var s = Wicket.Form.serialize(form);
                if (submitButton != null) {
                        s += Wicket.Form.encode(submitButton) + "=1";
                    }
                    return s;
            }
            return this.request.post(body);
        },

So body is not just serialized from content, but it's a method that
returns serialized form content. This method gets evaluated right
before submitting the form, which means the previous ajax request must
have been finished.

-Matej