Gwyn Evans wrote:
On Thursday, September 27, 2007, 12:26:15 PM, Neil <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

This question may be as much for Netbeans 6 as for Wicket, but in either
case, I'm stumped...

I want to add the MySQL jdbc driver to my program so I can connect to a
MySQL database. In a regular
VWP project in Netbeans 5.5 I would just add the jar file under the libraries tab. But it doesn't want to let me do that in Netbeans 6. And
I don't see how to do it manually in Wicket - how would I identify the
driver, and where would I place it so it will be added to the program? I
assume it goes somewhere in the pom.xml file, but I'm not sure where to
put the actual jar file itself...
This worked - but only after running mvn install:installfile ... to actually load the jar file into the system.

Thanks very much!

nbc

Try

<dependency>
    <groupId>mysql</groupId>
    <artifactId>mysql-connector-java</artifactId>
    <version>5.0.5</version>
</dependency>

in the pom file and see what happens? Maybe it'll download it
automagically when the projects refreshed/reloaded/built...
(I'm not a NB user)

See http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/mysql/mysql-connector-java for
how to find the pom fragment.

/Gwyn