If I understand right you use Apache as a front end ?
If it work when you access to resin via a direct call
(http://foo.bar.com:8080/app) then I don't think it a problem with resin but
with your apache front-end configuration.
What do you "map" from apache to resin (1)/app, (2)/app* or (3)/app/* ?
In my experience you need to map (1 and 3) or 2. You don't need to map 1 and 3
only if you have a rewrite rule /app => /app/.

/david

smallufo wrote:
Hi , I think it seems resin's problem (2.1.7).
After a lot of combinations , I still cannot make the wicket filter work.
The error (URL not found) is reported by apache , not by resin . which means
the filter request is not passed to resin.
After I assign port  ( http://foo.bar.com:8080/app ) , everything works fine
now.
But other servlets are not required to assign port , it means
http://foo.bar.com/servlet/OtherServlets works very well.
( servlets are mapped to "/servlet/*" URL pattern )

Therefore , it maybe resin's problem I think.
To avoid exposing port 8080 , maybe I have to set a reverse-proxy in
apache's config. ...