I am using Jdk1.5 and Wicket 1.3/Trunk (from earlier this week)

I just downloaded and installed YourKit.

I stepped through my application and took snapshots.

The bulk of the memory is in byte[].  Traversing the graph where this is
located is in the
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.pagestore.DiskPageStore$SerializedPageWithSession
(75% of memory/~26MB of total heap)

This not only with a small number of pages
Home Page
Login Page
User Page
Building Page
Select Tab
NewAssetPage
   - SelectCategory
   - SelectModel
   - Info
   - Confirm
   - ModalWindow
Back to Building Page

The heap really jumps when I use Ajax.

Any idea what else I need to look at.  I can't go beyond DiskPageStore
because it says "Objects are retained by instances of several classes"

I have included an image of the snapshot.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p13536655/wicket-profle-snapshot.gif