I have DropDownChoice objects where I want the choices model to be sorted.
The choices come from a database (using a HibernateListModel from
databinder) but I am unable to perform the sort on the database side, it
must be done on the server after the results are returned (due to the nature
of the sort function).  Previously, I had extended the HibernateListModel to
make a SortableHibernateListModel, which worked very well.  However, That
style of adding features gets cumbersome as you try to add new features in.
For instance, next was a FilterableHibernateListModel (that also wanted to
sort).

So, I tried another approach whereby I would chain the operations together.
So, I created a SortingModel that implements the IChainingModel interface
and then stuck the HibernateListModel inside of it.  And that still worked.
But, in another place, the model that I put into the SortingModel
(IChainingModel) is an impl of IComponentAssignedModel.  The problem is that
when assigning choices to a DropDownChoice, it calls Component.wrap which
specifically looks for IComponentAssignedModel models, and if found, calls
wrapOnAssignment().  However, in my case, wrap will see the SortingModel not
the IComponentAssignedModel and therefore not operate as it did previosuly.

I'm looking for some feedback here...
Should wrap() be updated to traverse the IChainingModel chain until it finds
an IComponentAssignedModel or exhausts the chain?

Should I find a different method of adding sort capabilities on top of a
Model?

What other options do I have?

Thanks,
Chuck