Dmitry   Kandalov wrote:

> On Wednesday 07 November 2007 01:18:32 ChuckDeal wrote:
>
>> SortingModel (IChainingModel) -> AppendingListModel
>> (IComponentAssignmentModel) -> HibernateListModel (database oriented
>> model
>> that returns a list of items from the db, unsorted).
>
> Perhaps I didn't get the explanation but why can't you wrap models in this
> order?
>
> AppendingListModel(
>     SortingModel(
>         HibernateListModel()
>     )
> )

In that order the list would be sorting PRIOR to appending the item, which
could result in an unsorted list.  In the order I specified, the item would
get appeneded and then the sort would take place.

Dmitry   Kandalov wrote:

>> I was able to make a Model that implements IChainingModel,
>> IComponentAssignmentModel, and IWrappedModel that follows the chain until
>> it either encounters a IComponentAssignmentModel or exhausts the chain.
>> If
>> it found a IComponentAssignmentModel, then it calls wrapOnAssignment and
>> calls setChainedModel on the model containing the
>> IComponentAssignmentModel
>> to get it back into the hierarchy.
>>
>> It appears to be working for me now.  If you are interested, I can post
>> the
>> code.
>
> I'd like to.
>

> Dima

I don't have time right now to make a sample app, but this should be enough
source for you to see the impl.

http://www.nabble.com/file/p13654020/chained_model_source.zip
chained_model_source.zip

Chuck