I'm curious if my approach is incorrect when implementing AbstractBehaviour and
changing the model before it renders? Seems odd that I'm getting an exception
stating that I cannot modify a component hierarchy during render phase when
overriding the "beforeRender" method... am I missing something here?

                public final void beforeRender(Component component) {
                                component.setModel(new StringResourceModel(
                                                "some.resource",
                                                refComponent, null));
                }

org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: Cannot modify component hierarchy
during render phase
     at org.apache.wicket.Component.checkHierarchyChange(Component.java:2931)
     at org.apache.wicket.Component.addStateChange(Component.java:2863)
     at org.apache.wicket.Component.setModel(Component.java:2436)