Ryan Sonnek wrote:
I'm trying to accomplish the same thing and think that wicket should
provide such an API.  all of the "issues" mentioned are well known
issues and other web frameworks still provide an API and just
acknowledge the limitations.

This is pretty important for me as I can't necessarily "hardcode" the
url when the application runs in several different environments
(production vs development for example).  please vote for this JIRA
issue and hopefully we can get some kind of API added.

I have production versus development as well; this does not preclude me from having different settings for each. There's a whole bunch of other settings which are prod/dev dependent anyhow, like database connection, admin email address (me on dev, the real application admin on prod), hibernate settings, etc... What's one more property?

Personally I'd rather put it in a config file and know it's right rather than have it break if someone decides to virtual host/firewall/proxy the webapp and forgets to tweak the settings just right, (e.g., forgets the ProxyPreserveHost directive).

Regards,
Sebastiaan