A quickstart attached to jira would be most appreciated.
http://wicketstuff.org/jira/browse/WSYUI.

Yui menu's distaste for wicket tags has been a long standing issue. To
get around it at first, we did
tMarkupSettings().setStripWicketTags(true). But then I thought that
was changed to calling setRenderBodyOnly on the components? If this
isn't working, maybe we need to hack up a markup filter to have done
with it once and for all.