keep in mind that this is designed towards our internal requirements
and not as a general purpose cms. that said, one of the requirements
is to provide an optimized workflow for our integrators. these guys
get down to the nitty gritty - so the most optimized workflow for them
is to be able to check out a site from svn, edit it locally with
whatever tools they prefer, and check it back in. we cant do that with
a jcr :)

-igor