In my opinion.... no.

Again, what you are doing is a corner case. The default for listview
is to show data which updates automatically when refreshed if the
model provides an updated list. This is the way it is intended,
designed and documented.

Martijn

On 1/17/08, Jan Kriesten <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just - again - was trapped by the default behavior of ListView not reusing
> it's list items.
>
> The scenario was:
>
> Having a ListView containing Panels which contain an AjaxFallbackLink to
> extend
> the Panels display.
>
> When Javascript is enabled - everything works as expected. Only, disabling
> Javascript leads into unexpected behavior. The AjaxFallbackLinks don't extend
> the display any more, cause since the ListView just re-renders all containing
> Panels, no status information is retained.
>
> It wasn't quite simple to make the connection this time, cause the issue was
> far
> up in the hierarchy.
>
> ListView seems the one and only big exception when it comes to hold elements
> status information. It just behaves different than all other components. Is
> there a chance to change the default with version 1.4/x.x?
>
> Regards, --- Jan.

Apache Wicket 1.3.0 is released
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.3.0