Actually, "Wicket" as it pertains to Apache Wicket is protected. I'm just
not sure to what extent. It may even be that new open source projects many
not call them "WicketFoo", but rather "Foo for Apache Wicket". It all has to
do with protecting the trademark.
However, I'm still waiting for a reply from the PRC.

Martijn