Eelco,

I will take a look at it, but I'm not big on Groovy or Grails.   I decided
to write the Wails framework as an exercise in learning Wicket and if it
turned out to be something folks might like, then they could feel free to do
so.  I was somewhat active in the Tapestry (4.x versions) community for a
while and Wicket has interested me for quite some time.

James