Best case, of course, would be an addition to the java language that lets you refer to a property in a type-safe way. Is there a JSR for this?

-Sam Barnum
360Works

On Feb 7, 2008, at 1:50 AM, Maeder Thomas wrote:

+ 1 for what Igor says. I remember debugging Hibernate code: you debug
as far as your own code goes, and then you just guess. Oh, and yes:
Tapestry anyone?

Thomas

-----Original Message-----
From: Igor Vaynberg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Donnerstag, 7. Februar 2008 02:34
To: users@wicket.apache.org
Subject: Re: CompoundModel based on proxies

i disagree. i dont think we should be doing more with cglib
in core or any other bytecode magic. have you ever tried to
walk code that uses bytecode generation? its a nightmare. one
of my favorite things about wicket is that it is just java
and its easy as hell to debug. im not really against putting
something like this into extensions, or even having a new
wicket-bytecode/codegen/whatever package that contains things
like these...