Hello Vitaly,

That is not true, you are thinking to complicated (I did in the past as well).

If you want to set an integer on the model, then the choices must be a list of integers. In addition you set an IChoiceRenderer that can display the integer as a sensible string.

Regards,
   Erik.

Vitaly Tsaplin wrote:
   The DropDownBox component is in fact well designed in theory. But I
think the way it works is a bit inconvenient in practice. Normally the
main purpose of this component in to supply some value or an index for
a model but a label is needed only for to be presented to a user.
Unfortunately we are supposed  to use either the same value (a string
representation) for both pupposes or to use some kind of a wrapper and
to pollute the model by some strange "SelectOption" object even though
that the model would normally accept an integer.

   Vitaly