if there was an error before that
that should then be logged just before you log that there is a wrong state

The way you do it now is in reverse

the wrong state was already set in X number of request back
so when you log it, You can;'t really tie it to a a specific request that
did go wrong.

If you log it later after the service method. Then you know that it did
happen for that request
And most likely there should be some error before that.. Because i dont see
another way
how it would be possible when the normal flow without exceptions would
happen.

johan