Sure I can appreciate that :) However I define my panels to accept certain
objects to chuck into the model, so thats fine.

It means I can provide translations for pojos from non wicket jars using a
method similar to wickets nice 1 class, 1 property file approach.

Eg,

mypanel extends panel {
  mypanel(id, Person person) {
     setModel(new Person())

MyNonWicketProject.jar
  Person.class
  Person.properties
    entity=Person
    name=Name
    surname=Surname

Great for generating forms, and combined with generics becomes quite
powerful.

My usecase and requirement of wicket is probably non typical (which is why
wicket rocks because I can customise it) - I have a large team each
developing different modules, and things like translations need to be
available in non wicket environments.  Everything is translatable.

Still - would be nice if the
MarkupInheritanceResolver$TransparentWebMarkupContainer somehow indicated it
was the the page (and returned the pages model).

I can live without it.